CdG Zinc - Zinc for horses 500 g
CdGZINC 500g is a supplementary feed to ensure horse's adequate intake of zinc.
CdGZINC contains Bioplex® chelated organic zinc, which is in a natural and efficiently absorbed form.
Zinc is an important antioxidant trace element that the horse must get from its diet every day. Zinc supports horses, e.g. the natural immune system, the well-being and quality of hair, skin and hooves.
Zinc has many functions in the body, but above all it is necessary for normal growth and development. Zinc is a trace mineral found in all tissues of the body and is a part of or activates more than 200 enzymes. Zinc is also needed to form collagen in the body. In animals suffering from zinc deficiency, it has been found, for example, cartilage and collagen development disorders.
Zinc supplementation is recommended for horses with skin problems or bad hair or hooves. Zinc strengthens the skin, for example, after a summer rash or mud fever.
Itching, skin damage, hair loss, poor appetite, fatigue and licking are often signs of zinc deficiency. Zinc deficiency can also cause nervousness.
The best way for a horse to get zinc is from mineral feed. Zinc is scarce in hay and oats, more abundant in flax seeds, pumpkin seeds and brewer's yeast.
The need for zinc increases during pregnancy and lactating and during hard work.
CdGZINC offers better bioavailability than inorganic minerals. The biological form reduces the risk of negative interactions of inorganic minerals, supports the efficient absorption and utilization of minerals in the body and strengthens the animal's immunity, optimal nutritional status and overall well-being. The chelated, i.e. organic form bound to amino acids, guarantees good absorption, thanks to which a smaller amount is sufficient.
The average daily zinc requirement of a horse is 500 - 600 mg per day, foals around 300 mg.
* 1 measure approx. 8 g, contains zinc 530 mg.
* With the dosage of one measure, the product lasts 60 days (0.34 €/day).
The dosage should take into account the amount of zinc obtained from other food. Can be used continuously. In case of troublesome skin or coat problems or deficiency conditions, the dose can be doubled for a course of 4-6 weeks.
Composition: organic Bioplex® zinc chelate, inulin, diatomaceous earth.
Bioplex® contains 15% organic zinc.
Package size 500 g
Includes a measure scoop.
The background of Bioplex® products is more than 20 years of research and product development.
* Zinc, copper, iron and selenium are the most important trace elements for horses.
* According to recommendations, the copper-zinc ratio that a horse receives from its diet should be approximately 1:4
* According to the recommendations, a horse in idle/light work needs zinc 500 mg/day, in training/hard work 600 mg, a pregnant and lactating mare 600 mg and a weaned foal 7-12 months 300 mg.
* The risk of overdose is small, but excessive intake of zinc can make it difficult for copper to be absorbed.