Finnish Hemp Seeds
Finnish Hemp seed is a versatile and nutritious supplement for horses.
Hemp seed contains plenty of good-quality fiber for stomach and intestinal, omega fatty acids and good-quality protein, but only a little sugar and starch.
Hemp is also suitable as feed for horses that cannot tolerate grains in their diet or who suffer from metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance or a tendency to laminitis. Due to its rather high fat content, hemp is also suitable for providing additional energy.
Hemp seed contains a variety of nutrients that support the body's well-being.
- Hemp seed contains plenty of essential fatty acids, valuable gamma-linolenic acids (GLA) and stearidonic acids (SDA) and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). In studies on dogs, it has been found that omega fatty acids support the metabolism of the joints in connection with osteoarthritis.
- Fatty acids are important for all horses and are also needed for the normal growth and development of young horses. The fatty acids in hemp are in an optimal ratio of 3:1 (Omega-6 and omega-3). Omega-fatty acids maintain the natural well-being of the skin, coat and hair.
- Hemp naturally contains a lot of vitamin E, which is an important antioxidant.
- Hemp seed protein contains all essential amino acids. More than 500 types of amino acids are known, of which 21 are essential amino acids for horses. A healthy horse's body can produce 12 amino acids by itself, so the rest of these nine essential amino acids must be obtained from food. Hemp protein consists of 65% edestin and 35% albumin, which are of high quality and well absorbed. Hemp protein does not contain the trypsin inhibitors typical of soy that hinder absorption.
- The carbohydrate in hemp is all fiber. 24 g of fiber is insoluble and 6 g is soluble fiber. The rich fiber content helps balance the stomach's function.
Finnish cultivation hemp seeds.
Horse 500 kg:
0,5 dl - 8 dl (horses in strenuous exercise).
1 dl = n. 65 g. Can be fed on its own or mixed with other feeds. Does not require soaking, does not form a gel.
1 dl = 60 g.
Please note the current national and FEI anti-doping guidelines.
We recommend not to use for competing horses or waiting period 96 hours.
100% natural product. Pesticide and GMO free.
Nutritional value 100g:
Energy: 530 kcal, 33 g fat, 25 g protein, 30 g of fiber (6 g of soluble, insoluble, 24 h), vitamin A 30 mg, vitamin C 2 mg, vitamin E 30mg, vitamin B3 (niacin) 28 mg , vitamin B1 (thiamin) 1mg, vitamin B2 (riboflavin) 1 mg, vitamin B6 (pyroxidine) 1 mg, phosphorus 1,160 mg, potassium 933 mg, magnesium 462 mg, calcium 160 mg, iron 13 mg, sodium 12 mg, manganese 9mg, zinc 7 mg, copper 2 mg.
CdG Hemp seeds are Finola hemp seeds.